|Contract Type:||Full-Time Permanent|
|Salary:||£30000 - £39000 per Annum|
This full-time post will help support and develop high-quality care for the patients presenting to the Peterborough Hospital. The post holder will be based at Peterborough City Hospital in the East Midlands.
The duties of the post are the normal duties expected of a doctor in training within the UK. Successful applicants will provide medical care to inpatients in a variety of medical subspecialties under the supervision and leadership of a consultant and their team. They will learn the skills needed to become a confident and successful senior clinician and will be an integral part of this pleasant, efficient and progressive hospital. Focused training will be provided to ensure each individual attains an internationally recognized qualification (MRCP or MCEM) and protected time to facilitate this is integral to the post.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to attend appropriate conferences and courses for which paid study leave is available. The ability to work within a team and communicate effectively with patients, GP’s and hospital colleagues is essential.
- Principal elements of the post will be:
• To provide clinical care for the management of medical patients within the hospital.
• To rotate (if desired) through medical subspecialties to gain experince and skills in each.
• To ensure close working arrangements with colleagues in the Emergency Department and manage acutely unwell patients confidently and well.
• To be flexible and cover clinical care for medical outliers during peak seasonal variation of medical admissions.
• To supervise and train other members of staff in the skills they have obtained.To participate in audit and departmental clinical governance to prove that care is evidenced based and effective.
• To work with the nursing teams and other medical professionals to deliver high standards of care.
- Qualifications & Eligibility
• 2 years full-time work as doctor in Medicine.
• A knowledge of the principles of the management of all common medical emergencies and conditions encoutered in inpatient settings.
• The ability to communicate in English in a clear, fluent and articulate manner.
• To be eligible for Registration with the GMC upon offer of appointment.
• A willingness to learn, be taught and develop as a doctor and as an individual.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain employment and experience in the British National Health Service within a new, well equipped and busy hospital. We will develop you to become an excellent doctor within a first class health economy.
If you have the required level of experience and qualifications and believe you would excel in this role, complete our online application today and one of our qualified recruiters will contact you with further information.
If you meet the required criteria please complete your application via our online platform.
Peterborough City Hospital is a very busy place. It is a fantastic, modern building, offering patients, visitors and staff a light, bright and clean environment with the most up-to-date NHS facilities and equipment. This includes a Radiotherapy Unit, and Emergency Centre with a separate childrens emergency department, a dedicated Womens and Childrens Unit, a Cardiac Unit and a hi-tech Diagnostic Imaging department. Patients are cared for on wards where there are a mix of bays and single rooms with ensuite facilities.
The Trust was rated Good by the Care Quality Commission in its most recent inspection in May 2015. This rating puts us in the top 20% of acute hospitals in England and Wales â€“ which is testament to the hard work of the staff.
4000+ staff are th Trust’s greatest asset and they want to ensure that working at the Trust is an enjoyable experience. In the spirit of their values Caring, Creative, Community, they listen to what staff tell them to helpÂ improve life in their hospitals.
Some recent changes made to working practices include being more flexible in certain job roles to allow staff to find a more suitable work-life balance should they request it. They also actively encourage staff to broaden their skills through additional learning which often helps them progress their career within the organisation. Many opportunities for further education or training are provided in the Learning Centre at Peterborough City Hospital.