This is a unique opportunity to start your career in the NHS in the UK as a GP or Psychiatry trainee.
Positions are now available for doctors to work and train in England. A new 12-month programme, combining general practice and psychiatry could help you develop your skills and competences to apply to the specialty training programme upon completion.
- Live in vibrant cities or rural locations
- Train in different settings, including hospitals or community
- Starting salary over 30,000 GBP!
- Relocation package
This 12-month programme is ideal for doctors wanting to become general practictioner (family doctor) or psychiatrist in England. This is an opportunity to work in the NHS for a year in England while rceiving regular teaching and clinical exposure that will help to improve the skills and competences required for admission to specialty training through the national selection processes.
It is anticipated that doctors completing the scheme are able to better understand how to deliever good quality care in the NHS.
Attractive financial relocation package available for the suitably qualified applicants.
– Primary medical qualification
– Eligibility to register with the GMC
– Good English language skills: demonstrable skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking in English that enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues
– Strong commitment to one of the following fields of medicine: Psychiatry or GP
Starting Salary: £ 30,805 (F2 salary) + on calls
Why should you train to be a psychiatrist?
Doctors interested in treating psychiatric disorders are attracted to the profession for a number of reasons:
- It is innovative, exciting and rewarding
- UK training schemes for would-be psychiatrists are some of the most high-quality and well-structured on offer
- Working conditions are flexible, with many opportunities for part-time working, making it attractive to doctors with families, caring responsibilities and/or those who are interested in a portfolio career’
You can work in a range of different settings, including hospitals, the community, schools, special units, residential homes and even prisons.
Information about being a GP:
There are over 1.3 million GP consultations every day in the UK, most of which take place in a GP surgery or within the patient’s home. GPs occasionally work as part of teams attached to hospitals with roles in accident and emergency centres, discharge planning and in unscheduled care (such as urgent care centres). In the community they may run clinics in schools and in residential and nursing care homes
Interviews for both the Psychiatry and GP posts will take place in Manchester in May 2018. We will assist in covering the travel/accomodation costs in Manchester.
Employment and post start: August 2018.
Cechy oferty pracy
|Contract Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||from £ 30,805 (F2 salary) + on calls|